Sunday, May 3, 2009

Resonance

This past week, I had the supreme pleasure of shooting photographic stills for a film. It was undeniably one of the most thrilling experiences of my life. Who doesn't love movies? Who wouldn't want to get behind the scenes at least once in their life?

The film is called Resonance, and it's a short created/written/directed by Robert Beaucage, recipient of 2008's Los Angeles Short Filmmaking Competition Grant. It's going to premiere on August 19th, 2009, at VisionFest '09 in Hollywood.

I don't want to give much of anything away because I think people should just see it, but here are some stills.

The physicist, thinking.

Homage to the lighting folks, who did an absolutely phenomenal job and taught me SO much!

Director Robert Beaucage (foreground) and John Laughlin.

The physicist's wife (Leilani Sarelle) appears to try to coax him back to reality.

Leilani Sarelle

Leilani looked so stunningly beautiful here, I just had to snap it!

Eye on the monitor.

Ah, the beach! What a wonderful place to shoot. Don't the actors just look amazing?

An intimate closeup.

Water arc.

I'm so grateful that I got a chance to work on this film, and I truly, truly hope I get to have this experience again. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the incredible cast & crew that worked on the production. Everyone involved was exceptionally talented, professional, and genuinely kind. It was a beautiful thing. -- and a special shout-out to Fortunato Procopio (DP) for his incredible work!

No comments: