Friday, April 2, 2010

Friends & Lovers

Last weekend, my husband, Eric, and I traveled to Joshua Tree to celebrate his birthday. We were joined by several good friends who decided to join in the revels. We stayed at the Harmony Motel, which is always cool because it makes us think of how U2 stayed there too. Plus, we had two musicians among us so it seemed apropos. We ended up having a chamber music rock session in the Kerouac Cabin one night, which was just rad.

In any case, these are the two shots that I'm so grateful I got that weekend. Bistro 29 (the only gourmet digs in town) happened to have this large blow-up of an oil painting for a wall, so we decided to play. Eric et al got up in front of it and started making crazy around closing time, so I started shooting.

For this one, I said, "Now give me 'cast of the next WB teen drama.'" They SO nailed it!

I couldn't resist giving them bunk names & personae. From left to right, I've decided they are:
Sandra, the sophisticated Bohemian
Marco, the "nice guy" musician
Jesse, the athlete with some attitude
Myra, the whimsical dreamer
Krysta, the coy temptress


And for the next shot, I got into the mix and we had the hostess take it. I think we look like the Joshua Tree Playhouse Players.

It's quite possible that you'd have to know all these folks (and love them) to appreciate how amazing these photos are, but to me they are priceless. I can't wait to look back on them in 10 years!

No comments: