Monday, October 26, 2009

Let me in the sound

Sadly, I'm not at press pass status yet, so I had to sport the G9 to last night's historic U2 360 concert at the Pasadena Rose Bowl. It was a phenomenal show, and I know that they pulled out some stops for the YouTube stream. We got to see Slash come out and play "Sweet Child of Mine" with the Black Eyed Peas, we got to see volunteers from Amnesty International take the stage is support of Aung San Suu Kyi, and we were personally greeted by a kindly astronaut up at the International Space Station. All of that is to say nothing of the awesome set list, which masterfully covered hits from a slew of albums.

I'd never seen U2 live, and I'd always wanted to. Now, I can put a check next to one more thing on the bucket list.

Thanks for all the music, guys!

(CLICK TO VIEW IMAGES LARGER)





ps: When is the Nobel committee going to give Bono his prize?

No comments: